My exercise programme has been suffering lately. Checking over the spreadsheet where I record what I do, I can see that it’s been more off than on for the last couple of months, which is just not good enough. I shall have to give myself a slap.
So, the time has come to set myself a target. It needs to be a reasonable and achievable one, otherwise I’ll just get discouraged and end up not doing it even more.
So this is the target: do the full exercise programme at least three times every week. That allows for rest days, nights out, trips to London, and the odd day when I either can’t be bothered or spend more time than planned twiddling on the computer.
As a reminder, the current programme is this:
- 20 minutes (2 x 10 minute sessions) on the rowing machine
- 120 crunches (30 of each of four exercises) on the abominable abdominal exerciser
- Two sets of Bullworker exercises (concentrating on arms, chest, shoulders)
- Three sets of five different dumbbell exercises
- 10km on the exercise bike – and trying to do that in less time
This is in addition to walking to and from work whenever possible (which, now the rain seems to have stopped, is most days), of course.
 I may have to have that sentence taken out and shot
 Though nights out in the same week as a trip to London might mess it up
 Not to mention wearing me out
 The soaking wet August was very frustrating. Had to keep getting the bus