With a little under two days to go, it’s time for a quick preview. Russell T Davies has provided a brief guide to what’s coming in the new series in Radio Times. So here’s my quick run down of what to expect:
- A new companion!
- Some big guys with rhino-like heads who look like somebody wanted Sontarans but couldn’t get them
- That Bill Shakespeare bloke
- A return to New Earth for another meeting with the Face of Boe
- Daleks in New York.
- Daleks in New York in the 1930s
- Did I mention Daleks?
- A running theme involving a trap being set…
- An episode entitled 42. Doug Adams references, anyone?
- Some scary stuff
- Captain Jack!! Woo hoo!
- Big trouble with the Doctor’s “greatest enemy yet”
- Did I mention Daleks? And Captain Jack?
Or to put it more simply, lots of fun!
And for digital TV viewers, each episode will be followed by the always excellent Doctor Who Confidential, with lots of behind the scenes details, in a new longer format.
Expect the traditional reports on each episode, filled with my usual restraint and calm comments.
 That’s my theory, anyway
 We’re promised gags about “going places you went with your ex”
 So all the rumours about The Master would appear to be true
 Or something like that, anyway