Mutter. Up a bit today. I walked to work again, but got the bus home. Which is better than I’ve done in a long time…
I had one today. As you might have noticed, I’ve been setting up the new Tiggercam site over the last few days. I’d managed to get the webcam nicely uploading pictures to the site, but a strange thing kept happening. Everything would be working just fine in the morning, then I’d go to work. But when I checked on the site from work, the webcam wasn’t working any more, and all visitors would see was a message telling them that there was no video input. I muttered a bit, scratched my head, heedless of the risk of splinters, and really had a bit of bother working out why it was failing.
It wasn’t until today that I realised what the problem was. You see, when I go out, I switch off the monitor to save power. And if I forget to switch it off, it goes into sleep mode after a while anyway. I’m not sure about the sleep thing, but I’m quite sure that switching it off stops the monitor’s handy USB ports from working, and guess where the webcam was connected?
I’ve moved the webcam to a direct port on the Mac Mini, and I’ve updated Tigger’s Live Webcam to do the exciting live update thingy. The downside of this, such as it is, is that the Lescam is now out of action until I either get another camera connected to the Mac Mini, or run it through the MacBook. Or something,
So far, all the BBC are saying about the new Torchwood series is that it consists of five episodes to be shown over one week “later this year”. This vagueness about scheduling seems to be a bit of a BBC theme this year, what with the next Doctor Who special being officially announced to be showing in Novermber-ish.
Anyway, there is a trailer available. This is on BBC iPlayer, so quite likely won’t work outside the UK, but I’m sure a quick search on your choice of video site will turn up something. Apparently this is actually being shown on BBC America. If the embedded video thingy doesn’t work, you can find it on the BBC Torchwood site
 Which should cause some moaning about scheduling….
- This can only lead to trouble. @tiggercam is now on Twitter #
- @bengoldacre Yeah, I’ve been there – it’s like a maze of twisting passages, all alike…. in reply to bengoldacre #
- RT @bengoldacre: And then the Daily Telegraph starting promoting outright, comic quackery: far out http://rly.cc/9yZfQ #
- @tiggercam Hey – you’ve bounced too hard and broken the camera! in reply to tiggercam #
- @wilw Found you through @MrTweet. Been reading your blog, so I might as well get the tweets. I’m the geek who didn’t find Wesley annoying. #
- @tiggercam I did fix it! Now try not to break it again, OK? in reply to tiggercam #
- Another tasty Rioja – http://mobypicture.com/?0i28se #
Powered by Twitter Tools.