OK, this is seriously cool, and does exactly what it says on the cover. It’s a book about Doctor Who, and it actually is brilliant.
It’s got loads of Good Things, including:
- Interviews with Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Steven Moffat
- Guides to each episode of the 2010 series including behind the scenes information, deleted lines, pictures and more
- Loads of additional stuff – such as Churchill’s lost diaries, Dalek data, and as they say much more
- Features on writing for the series, how it’s made and all that kind of thing
- Short stories, including one written by the actual Brian Aldiss. Yes, that Brian Aldiss
- And most importantly, instructions on how to dance like a drunk giraffe. What more can you ask for?
It’s somewhere between the best annual you never had when you were a kid and the best bits from a year’s worth of Doctor Who Magazine. It was edited by Clayton Hickman, who used to edit DWM and has written for The Sarah Jane Adventures.
The cover price of £12.99 is perhaps a bit high, but it’s widely available for half that, or even less, which makes it a bargain.