Update: This plugin, which is no longer being developed, appears to be broken in WordPress 3.3, so I’ve removed it again. Fixing it would be way beyond my minimal coding skills.
This is a quick and easy guide to fixing that slight annoyance I mentioned with the Cross-references plugin. While it was a minor cosmetic point, I wanted to change the text of the navigation buttons which you can see here:
So, I right-clicked on one of them and selected Chrome’s Inspect Element function. This told me that the link had a style called “last-page” assigned to it. It was then a matter of searching through the plugin’s files for that text. I found it in sys/table.class.php, where there was a block of code defining the navigation links. I changed the display values to First, Last, Next and Prev – it was obvious from the code which was which – and uploaded the saved file. Woo, hoo, it worked, as you can see here:
I’ve also made some minor text edits to some other parts of the plugin to make the wording make more sense to me. Nothing major, just minor usability tweaks.