Stuff Report – 22 September 2013

Not quite such a dramatic step count today, but still quite a lot of walking.

After the usual hotel breakfast, we checked Aaron out of the hotel (waving my company credit card in an appropriate manner) and walked to the new office. Not all the things we’d been told would be done had been done, but never mind. We got the server kit working, and our ISP made a small system change to allow the connection in the new office to work like the old one (saving me from loads of fiddling with our systems).

Then we sorted out the PCs. I had some other bits to tweak, so Aaron got on with wiring everything up. As he finished a group of desks, I switched on the computers and made sure they could see the network and get internet access.

We ran into a problem with the electrics, which meant we couldn’t test the last batch of four desks. An electrician is due to be on site early tomorrow to sort that out, so with any luck we’ll be fully operational before too long.

We tidied up, took some surplus bits back to the old office, where they’ll be packed up and sent away in a week or so, and called it a day. Aaron headed for his train and I started back to the hotel. I paused at Trafalgar Square to get a picture of this rather large, err, look, I hate to be indelicate, but this has to be the biggest[1] cock I’ve ever seen….

You don't often see one that size

You don’t often see one that size

Camera: iPhone 4S
Aperture: ƒ/2.4
Shutter speed: 1/640s
Focal length: 4.28mm
ISO: 50
Taken: 22 September, 2013
Location: 51° 30.5038′ 0″ N 0° 7.6153′ 0″ W

After that, there was a bit of a problem. Apparently some people were riding their bikes through the city, and for reasons that I can’t begin to understand, lots of other people wanted to watch them do it. Now normally, I”m quite happy to live and let live, and such things don’t really bother me at all. But when I’m trying to get from one end of Whitehall to the other, and several squillion people are blocking the footpath, I get a bit irritated. It was just my luck to be there exactly at the right time for the bike race thingy to finish. The finishing line being on Whitehall, of course.

I eventually got to the end of the crowds, and then had to take a roundabout route to get across the road to pass the Houses of Parliament. So it took nearly an hour to get back to the hotel, mutter.

And now it’s dinner time. Staying in seems like a good plan….

[1] It’s huge, I tell you!!

2 thoughts on “Stuff Report – 22 September 2013

Comments are closed.