Weight and Stuff Report – 8 June 2015

As i suspected, yesterday’s weight was a bit of an anomalous thingumy, and I’m back up again today. Will this go on? Well, err, you’ll have to wait to find out, as from tomorrow we’re back to weightless reports for a while. Yes, I’m back in Wales for the annual summer tour thingy. Acts of photography will be committed. Reports will follow.

Today started with a pre-trip breakfast at Frankie & Benny’s. And it was a lovely sunny morning, too. So after getting back from breakfast, I put my jackets in my suitcase[1] ready to head off. So quite naturally, when I opened the door to  head for the bus stop, it started to rain. Heavily. So I had to put on the jacket I wasn’t planning to take, what with the rainproof one being in the depths of the suitcase. The bus arrived and off it went towards Newcastle. And stopped on the slip road leading onto the Redheugh Bridge, as there had been an accident[3]. Well, the bus wasn’t going to be able to move for a while, so I had to get out and walk – down the ramp, under the bridge[4], up the ramp, over the bridge[5], round the corner, through the Centre for Life and over to the station.

And that’s why I always allow myself ridiculous amounts of time to catch my trains. Despite all that, I was still at the station with over 15 minutes to spare. After that, the journey was completely uneventful, which was a Good Thing.

Here’s a completely unrelated photograph. This is the clock tower of Darlington’s Market Hall:

Waht's the time?

Waht’s the time?

Camera: X-T1
Aperture: ƒ/10
Shutter speed: 1/240s
Focal length: 18.5mm
ISO: 200
Taken: 6 June, 2015
Location: 54° 31.5144′ 0″ N 1° 33.3235′ 0″ W

[1] One easily accessible in an outside pocket. I’m not completely crazy[2]
[2] Oh, hush!
[3] News reports suggest there were no serious injuries
[4] There is a footpath on one side of the bridge. I have seen people walking on the other side, but they have to be Very Silly.
[5] And that’s a long way when you’re dragging a suitcase