I’ve finally got round to having a play with the Aurora HDR software I bought a while ago. Now I’ve played with HDR a bit in the past, but always found it a bit slow and fiddly, and ended up not bothering very much. So leave it to the nice people at Macphun, creators of the Tonality app I’ve mentioned previously, to make it much quicker and easier while still allowing more fine control than most people are likely to need.
For this test, I had the X-T1 on a tripod and used a remote release. I set the ISO and aperture, letting the camera work out little matters like exposure and focus. I then used the exposure compensation dial and took seven shots ranging from -3 to +3.
I imported the images into Lightroom and then exported the raw files to Aurora. There are, in the usual Machphun way, oodles of presets which you can either use as they are, or as a basis for your own edits. This one’s possibly a bit extreme, but I like it anyway:
Shutter speed: 1/8s
Focal length: 55mm
Taken: 5 March, 2016
 Technical expression