Up a bit today…
I’ve been working through the unattached images in my WordPress media library. Some of these weren’t really unattached, but they’d been imported through various apps, so weren’t as linked as they should have been, but some are photos I’d uploaded to use later and somehow never had. So I’m going to use those…
This is one from a 2014 visit to Prudhoe Castle
: ƒ/11Shutter speed
: 1/480sFocal length
: 24 August, 2014Location
You might recall that after being told to go away by Crashplan, after the usual bout of muttering and dithering, I decided to go with Backblaze as the best available option for my needs.
I started the initial backup on my iMac, expecting it to take a looooong time, as the selected data came to over 1.7TB, which is quite a lot. In the interim period, I may have confused it a bit by removing around 300GB of duplicate and no longer needed data, taking it down to a bit under 1.5TB.
At one point, the backup stalled, with messages suggesting I was offline (I wasn’t), but as my MacBook was showing the same thing, I suspected this was a temporary communication error, and sure enough by the following morning, it was happily chugging away.
From then, I checked periodically to see how it was doing, and earlier this week, I saw that it had indeed finished, as you can see:
It now automagically keeps backing up new and changed files, which is a Good Thing.