OK, these are some of the people and things that have helped me create the site. Links given where appropriate:
- WordPress – well, duh. But seriously, it’s a pleasure to work with, and generally does what I want without causing me excess pain. As it’s developed over the years, its native features have gradually replaced plugins, which help keep the site lean and mean. Or something like that.
- Spam blockage thanks to Akismet.
- Plugins. One of the great things about WordPress is the way it offers hooks for developers to add new functions. Some of these are quite simple, others are much more complex and add something special. I’ve even managed to throw one or two together myself, so it can’t be that hard. You can have a look at the list of plugins currently in use if you like.
- Generally nice appearance thanks to an only slightly tweaked version of the Twenty Twelve theme
- Caricature in the header by Mr Adrian Teal
- Web hosting by Linode, who quite nicely let me install and manage my own virtual server, and so long as I don’t break things for other users, don’t care what I do with it. That’s a referral link, by the way.
- Pretty pictures of DVDs, books and things are Amazon affilate links which you probably won’t see if you’re using AdBlock, but I still need to state:
There used to be a lot more stuff here, but as WordPress has developed, I’ve found it does most of what I need without adding extra software. Which should make the site run a wee bit quicker.